When we think of tourism, we often picture people visiting the big cities in the world. We imagine a beautiful tropical island, with white beaches and clear blue water. Or maybe you’re picturing yourself at the top of a tall mountain, looking down at the clouds below. However, there are many other things to see and do in your own city! You can visit museums or go on a walking tour of historic sites; they’ll give you an insider’s perspective on local culture where no tourist guide would ever take you. But what if your city doesn’t have any tourist guides? What if it doesn’t even have any museums? No problem! If your hometown feels like it lacks interesting things to do or see compared to other cities around the world.
Difference Between Tour Guide And Tourist Guide
A Local Tour Guide is a professional who specializes in guiding people around a particular location. They know the history of the place and can give tips on how to enjoy it.
A Tourist Guide is also a professional who specializes in guiding people around a particular location, but doesn’t necessarily need to be licensed or certified by an organization like AAA or AATG (American Association of Tour Operators). The difference between these two jobs may seem slight, but there are some major differences that you should consider before deciding which one suits your needs best!
How Do I Find The Best Local Tourist Guides?
- Ask for recommendations from friends and family. If you’ve got a local guide in mind, ask them to recommend someone else they know who’s done the same thing.
- Check online reviews. If there are any online reviews of your prospective tour guide, check them out! You can also search for their name on social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter to see what people are saying about them there too.
- Look at their social media presence are they active on Instagram? Do they have a blog? Are there pictures of previous tours posted? These things will give you an idea of how professional their operation seems overall (and whether or not it’s something worth investing in).
Why Would You Need A Tourist Guide?
A tourist guide can help you learn about the area, culture and history of the place you are visiting. Some guides are also experts on local food and wildlife, while others can give your insight into the people and politics of the region.
Find Local Tourist Guide In Your Area
To find local tourist guide in your area, you need to follow these steps:
- Go online and search for “local tourist guide” or “tourist guide”.
- Click on one of those links and then fill out a form.
- Submit your information and wait for someone from the company to contact you back within 24 hours with more details about their services and prices.
- Make sure you’re comfortable with the price and services before signing anything. Your local tourist guide should be able to help you find things to do while in town as well as provide transportation if needed.
We hope that this article has helped you to understand the difference between a tourist guide and a local tourist guide. If you’re looking for one of these professionals in your area, we recommend that you start by contacting your local tourism board or business association. They should be able to provide some referrals for people who specialize in providing information about their city or town as well as tips on where they can be found!